Busy Bees Nursery
Summer 5 Newsletter 2016
Welcome back to Summer 5 Term, we hope that you had a relaxing Easter break and that the children are well rested and ready to start the new term. We have several new children starting in Nursery this term. We hope that they quickly settle into the nursery routine and enjoy making lots of new friends.
Miss Mellors will be continuing to teach ‘Forest Schools’ this term, every Wednesday. This involves children and their parents visiting the Forest Schools site on the school field and engaging in exciting woodland activities.
You may also notice that the building work for our new Reception Classrooms is progressing very quickly and is due to be completed in the next couple of weeks. The children that will be leaving nursery in July and starting in Reception in September will have the opportunity to visit the new building and meet the Reception staff. There will also be a meeting for new Reception parents which will be held in the new building, details to follow.
The new self service snack on a Wednesday has been very popular with the children. They have enjoyed pouring, spreading, cutting and of course eating the snack. Thank you for your contribution of £1.50 per term for baking and Wednesday’s snack.
This term the learning theme is Get Up and Grow!
The term is broken into weekly mini themes…
Week 1 – Seeds and Planting
Week 2 – Garden Centre
Week 3 – Creatures in the Garden
Week 4 – Growing for Eating
Week 5 – Animals and Lifecycles
Week 6 – How we Grow
Week 7 – Children’s Choice
Dates for you diary….
- Spring 4 term starts Monday 11th April
- Friday 27th May- Nursery breaks up
- Tuesday 7th June- Nursery reopens after holiday (Mon 6th June INSET day)
- Baking money £1.50 per term. We have asked for an additional 50p from now on as we will be providing the children with a more substantial self serve snack every Wednesday to develop their self help and care skills
- Library morning and baking- every Friday
- Please let us have your email address so that we can send your child’s learning experiences to you. Please ensure you write it down accurately and remember that it is case sensitive, some parents have given their details but have either not responded to the email to activate the process or have given the incorrect email address.
- Please continue to share any of your child’s milestones on the green paper handprints displayed just inside the nursery door.
- As the weather gets warmer, please send you child to Nursery with a sun hat and sun cream applied at home.
As always, we hope your child has a happy term with us, if you have any concerns, please see a member of staff, who will be happy to help.