Busy Bees Nursery
Spring 4 Newsletter 2016
Welcome back to Spring 4 Term, we hope that you had a relaxing week and that the children are well rested and ready to start the new term.
Miss Mellors will be teaching ‘Forest Schools’ this term, every Wednesday. This involves children and their parents visiting the Forest Schools site on the school field and engaging in exciting woodland activities. These sessions have been very popular in the past. Please ask for details if you are interested.
You may also notice that the building work for our new Reception Classrooms will begin this term on the school field. We will ensure that there will be no disruption to the nursery but hope to allow the children to observe some of the building process through the nursery fence.
The new self service snack on a Wednesday has been very popular with the children. They have enjoyed pouring, spreading, cutting and of course eating the snack. Thank you for your contribution of £1.50 per term for baking and Wednesday’s snack.
This term the learning theme is Patterns!
The term is broken into weekly mini themes…
Week 1 – Music and dance patterns
Week 2 – Shape patterns
Week 3 – Patterns all around us
Week 4 – Story patterns
Week 5 – Patterns in nature
Dates for you diary….
- Spring 4 term starts Monday 22nd February
- World Book Day – Thursday 3rd March (Children to come to school dressed as a book character)
- Friday 4th March – Bees/Bears closed – Visit to Gruffalo show
- Thursday 11th March – Science day (Space theme)
- Monday 21st March – Easter decoration day (parents invited to attend)
- Nursery breaks up Wednesday 23rd March (staff out on home visits on Thursday 24th March)
- Monday 11th April- Back to Nursery after the Easter holidays
- Baking money £1.50 per term. We have asked for an additional 50p from now on as we will be providing the children with a more substantial self serve snack every Wednesday to develop their self help and care skills
- Library morning and baking- every Friday
- Please let us have your email address so that we can send your child’s learning experiences to you. Please ensure you write it down accurately and remember that it is case sensitive, some parents have given their details but have either not responded to the email to activate the process or have given the incorrect email address.
As always, we hope your child has a happy term with us, if you have any concerns, please see a member of staff, who will be happy to help.